Forum issues

Site related news and announcements.
tstreibl
Just Arrived

Bug Report - Dragging Folders Over List With Hash Results

Postby tstreibl » Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:45 pm

Seems like I never got a reply for a bug report I sent earlier this month to bugs@abelhadigital.com so here it is just in case:
This bug actually applies to the newest version 2.7.1.0 as well.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On Windows 7 SP1 x64:
MultiHasher Version 2.7.0.0 Portable

Make a new directory with some files in it. Drag the folder into MultiHasher and make MD5 hash calculations for all those files. Save the hash list in MultiHasher own hash format (mhx). Clear the list. Load the hash list. Drag the folder back into MultiHasher to "add" the folder. MultiHasher then hangs.

The way I actually encountered this problem in the first place was I wanted to update the hash list with new files. So what basically happened is the same as above but this time I added several new files into the folder and then dragged it into MultiHasheer. However, If I added the folder first and then drag the hash list files into MultiHasher, it works as expected so files that already had a hash in the hash list is updated with that hash and the files that does not have a hash remains in the list waiting for me to hash it.

On a related note, could I ask for a feature in which you can update a hash list for files and folders that has new files and folders without recalculating the hash for files that have already been hashed? It would be very useful because at the moment, I would pretty much be calculating the hash for 170 GB every time I want to update the hash list and that's not necessary a good thing either because what if a file is corrupted from the time I last hashed it and now?

Thank you!

MysteryFCM
Site Admin

Forum issues

Postby MysteryFCM » Thu May 21, 2015 11:12 pm

Due to an as yet, undiagnosed issue, the forums went haywire in the last 24 hours, requiring a complete refresh and restoration of an older backup (I've got a newer one, but for whatever reason, the forums are refusing to accept it).

I'm still diagnosing, and still trying to ID why it won't accept the newer DB backup, but wanted to apologise for the inconvenience in the meantime folks.

Return to “News and Announcements”